How to prepare for The CrossFit Open
If you are new to CrossFit, or if you are an experienced veteran, now is the time when most of us start to "prepare" for The Open. For most of us, that means pushing our fitness farther than we have in the past. In order to do this, here are a few tips to start doing now if you have not already.
- Spend at least 10 Minutes per day (outside of the gym) with your lacrosse ball, foam roller, massage stick, bands, yoga mat. Do this while watching TV at night or when you are relaxing before bed.
- Work on your Core. Take a minute or two and add a little extra core work daily. This would be extra situps, planks, etc.
- Spend more time with the PVC pipe or light bar. Work extra on your form. This could only take a minute or may take 15 minutes. A little extra work on form will help out a lot.
- Get some massages. If you have a great Massage Therapist see him/her a little more often the next few months. If you do not have one we have one available on Wednesdays. Even if you are doing a lot of mobility work, you will benefit greatly.
- Diet- Try to eat as "clean" as possible. I would even add a little more protein and more raw vegetables. Make sure you are taking your supplements as well.
- If you have nagging injuries that just do not seem to go away, Acupuncture may be something you should look into.
- How is your spine functioning? Have you ever had your spine checked? When was the last time you did? Now is a great time to get checked by a Chiropractor.
If you have any questions about health, CrossFit, exercise, nutrition, etc. please let me know. Dr. Keith