Ear Infection Tips
It is true, kids are more prone to ear infections, but that does not mean they should be having them. The main reason for this is the position of part of the ear that drains the ear. This is why many medical professionals recommend putting tubes into children ears with chronic ear infections. Is this the only treatment that would work? No! Here are some tips for you to try at home, or some other services that are way less invasive than surgically putting tubes into your child's ears:
- Garlic Mullein Oil- This is an oil blend available at most health food stores. All you have to do is put a few drops into your child's ear.
- Lightly pulling on the bottom of your child's ear. This can help get fluid moving in the ear if it is stagnant. Pull very lightly and gently.
- Cut out or limit sugar, grains, and processed foods. These food will weaken the immune system.
- Add Vegetables (lots). Sneak them into smoothies if you need to.
- Vitamin D- Make sure they are getting good quality vitamin D.
- Massage by an licensed professional. There are many massage techniques that can help.
- Acupressure and Acupuncture- There are many combinations of points that can be used.
- Chiropractic- Chiropractic helps in two different ways...
- If the upper part of the spine is not aligned properly, the head my not be level and may influence how the ear is draining.
- The spine is very integrated into the immune system. If the spine is subluxated, then the immune system will be weakened. Chiropractic care can help restore this.
- Subluxation is very common in children because of the birth process, from falls (even ones that seem mild), and many of simple traumas and stresses that children experience.
There are other treatments that may help your child, but give these tips a try and see if you can improve your child's life. Visit your Chiropractor to have your child checked to see if this is the reason they are having ear infections. Choose to be Amazing!!